Wilma E. Lacy was a well-known community activist and one of Cincinnati’s first female African-American pharmacists. Ms. Lacy committed herself to utilizing her skills and talents to improve the community and assist those who were yet to blossom, striving to help them reach their fullest potential. She served as president of her chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. for 10 years. She helped pave the way for other pharmaceutical students of color in working with various organizations at the University of Cincinnati. To honor her service to Beta Zeta Zeta Chapter, and especially her lifelong commitment to education, the chapter awards a $1000 scholarship to a deserving woman.
- Must be a Non-Traditional Full-Time female student, currently pursuing or having had completed 1 semester/12 credit hours towards an undergraduate degree at an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Non-Traditional students are those who started college 5+ years later than high school graduation for various reasons. Some reasons may be a change in career, retirees or other comparable reasons.
- Must demonstrate financial need by providing a copy of your Student Aid Report.
- Should demonstrate scholarly distinction; proven ability in your chosen field and/or within a community service organization is a plus.
- Must submit an official transcript directly from the College or University.
- Must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from:
- College professor or advisor
- Minister or Community Leader or comparable person that can attest to your leadership, community service and/or academic accomplishments.
- Must submit a current resume including dates of participation for extra-curricular activities and organization membership(s)
Click HERE to apply
Applications must be submitted by January 17, 2020. Submit transcripts to Zeta Phi Beta, Sorority – Beta Zeta Zeta Chapter Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 8284, Cincinnati, OH 45208.
Note: Only official transcripts submitted via a sealed envelope will be accepted. Applicants must submit transcripts from each college attended.
The award recipient will be notified via telephone call and/or email, no later than February 14th, 2020.
Members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. and their immediate family members are ineligible. The recipient is expected to participate in an official public presentation of the scholarship, on a Saturday in March. Applicants will be notified of the exact date and time of the presentation.